The U.S. Department of Higher Education offers several federal grants to help with higher education costs. To qualify for federal financial aid, students must meet all eligibility requirements and complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) each year they attend college.


What kinds of federal grants are available?

The U.S. Department of Education (ED) offers a variety of federal grants to students attending four-year colleges or universities, community colleges, and career schools. We’ve given each of our grants its own page: